The project is envisaged to consist of:
- facilitating the development and implementation of a national and/or regional sector export marketing strategy for the promotion of tourism on the European market;
- enhancing marketing and promotion capacities of DMOs and BSOs in selected regions of Indonesia;
- capacity building for destination branding on a national and/or regional level (if part of the marketing and promotion strategy);
- supporting EU market entry in tourism in terms of destination/product promotion.
On request of Swisscontact
, this became more of a workshop/stakeholder session than a working session in a small group in Toraja
The participants who joined the training in Toraja came from quite diverse backgrounds: local government, Tour & Travel Association, and DMO Toraja plus additional participants from Wakatobi.
The objective of the 2-day training was:
- To support the Team of Toraja Tourism Promotion with the development and implementation of a strategic marketing plan with an emphasis on the strategic use of the marketing instruments to achieve substantial growth in tourism arrivals at the destination.
- To support the Team of Toraja Tourism Promotion with effective Roadshows towards (international) tour operators and influencers (press, bloggers).