- NEPC’s Trade Information Portal developed and launched within one year.
- New market intelligence services and tools introduced and embedded within the organization.
- NEPC staff successfully trained and coached on market information development, trade analysis, online communication / research skills / website updates and maintenance.
- New NEPC service introduced: one pagers with potential new markets for Nigeria (white spot markets) based on growth performance and competitor analysis.
- Creation and dissemination of short video animations in addition to MI-reports.
- Export readiness checker online available with self-assessment and dynamic content per exporter.
- Interactive trade fair performance checkers with referral service online.
How did NEPC experience the project? We asked NEPCs Portal-team manager Estelle Igwe and team member Moboni Luguja.
Moboni: “Our skills and knowledge grew enormously during this program, from web writing skills to basic website programming. For me, creating market reports was one of the most enjoyable and insightful things to do. We know how to use different market analysis tools in analysing market potential for Nigerian products now. But at least as important: we learned how to present this properly to exporters. Both by developing one-pager reports and via video animations! I have been working in the council for over six years, but especially during this program, I learned a lot from other teams. Since the first day, we had to really work together as a team. Involving people from all different departments.”
Estelle completely agrees and adds: “I appreciated the fact there was a need for collaboration and working as a team. It is always mentioned that we are a team, but during the Portal development we actually really did work together as one full team. This contributed hugely to the success of our new Trade Information Portal.”