Matchmaking for cashmere from Mauritius
Globally Cool was approached by Innowear Ltd, a medium-sized cashmere manufacturer based in Mauritius, to expand their presence in the Netherlands by determining the market channels and introducing them to potential buyers through our matchmaking service.
Type of activity
Type of activity
Through longlisting and shortlisting potential buyers of cashmere products in the Netherlands, Globally Cool identified four ‘warm leads’ interested in a possible cooperation with Innowear, Ltd.
Together with the client, we started with determining the ideal profile of the potential buyer. Criteria such as company type, company size, language skills, segments, experience and turnover were set in consultation with the client. With this profile, we started to compile the longlist by using a wide range of sources, such as web portals, directories, trade fair exhibition lists, social media (LinkedIn groups), competition scans, our private network, and local partners.
The next step was reducing the longlist to a shortlist of potential partners through a customized screening process. We reduced the longlist to a shortlist of potential candidates. This was done through a combination of website analytics and telephone interviews with all candidates from the longlist to determine whether the potential candidate fits the ideal buyer profile.
To properly convince the potential buyer of the company’s value, we prepared a pitch, including the Unique Value Proposition in a co-creation session with the client. During the phone interviews, we pitched the company and the products and determined whether they were interested in exploring the possibility of a potential partnership with the client.
- Determine the ideal buyer profile together with the client through setting criteria.
- Creation of a longlist of 16 potential buyers of cashmere products in the Netherlands based on the ideal buyer profile using a wide range of sources.
- Define and formulate the client’s pitch and UVP.
- Reduce the longlist to a shortlist by a customized screening process, which included website analytics and telephone interviews with all candidates from the longlist.
Among the key results are:
- Delivery of a longlist of 16 potential buyers.
- Delivery of a shortlist of 4 ‘warm leads’ interested in a potential partnership.
- A report on the full matchmaking process.
- Receipt of a sample order from one of the candidates within 2 months after the delivery of the shortlist.
Discover more PROJECTS