Export quality management #1: How do you become a winner in the global marketplace?
Quality is key! It sounds pretty obvious, but for most businesses, it’s easier said than done. Because going for quality, you might have to give in on other levels. In this case, knowledge is power. Are you ready to become a winner? Read on and discover how.
As a supplier and potential exporter of products or services, you want to be – or to become – a winner. Right? Winning companies are those who manage to offer products or services which are:
- Better in terms of quality.
- Cheaper in terms of costs.
- Supplied more efficiently, meaning that they are delivered in time – or provided with timely after-sales service.
Highest stage of performance
Champions look beyond the costs of delivering quality products or services. They eye the opportunities of reaching the highest stage of performance. By applying quality control techniques and quality management, they reach a higher quality level.
Satisfied by content customers
By aiming to produce or offer services ‘right the first time and every time’, winners will reduce waste and thus lower costs. Thus, a win-win situation occurs. It almost goes without saying that champions have more satisfied customers – who also have fewer problems with their product or service. Now, these clients will turn into loyal customers who come back for more products. Result? Business grows and the brand name gets established.
Become a winner
Now: let’s get back with both feet on the ground. Assume you want to become a winner, what do you need to do to get the highest position in terms of export quality?
- Make products according to the standards, technical regulations, and sanitary and phytosanitary measures required in your export markets.
- You should be able to use testing laboratories to determine the compliance of your products. These laboratories need to have access to metrology and calibration services to ensure that their test equipment gives reliable results.
- Get your products and systems certified by third parties. This gives buyers and regulatory organizations confidence that the relevant requirements are consistently being met.
- Be sure that the certification organizations and laboratories that you use are accredited to demonstrate their technical competencies.
Now you know export quality management in a nutshell. If we made your head swim – you are not the first! Don’t worry, keep calm, and stay tuned for the next blog about export quality standards and technical regulations.
Experience in and with emerging marketsSince 1995 Globally Cool has trained and coached thousands of professionals, in over 45 emerging markets. Want to know more about what Globally Cool can do for you? Check out our services and join us!