‘The Next Generation Trade Intelligence Portal’ event
The search for the ultimate Trade Intelligence Portal…
The International Trade Centre (ITC) has invited Globally Cool to compile an online innovative guide about developing and sustaining the ultimate trade intelligence portal.
With the online guide, ITC, the joint agency of the World Trade Organization and the United Nations in Geneva, aims to support Trade Support Institutions (TSI) around the globe in further facilitating trade development and providing access to trade intelligence on international markets for their business community. To actively support innovation in this field ITC aims to develop a best-practice model for the design and development of web based platforms for TSIs, positioned as the “Next generation trade intelligence portals”.
Best Practices Event in Amsterdam (December 3 and 4, 2013)
In search for best practices, trends and developments and forecasts in the area of Trade Intelligence Portals, ITC and Globally Cool organize a best practices sharing event, in Amsterdam on Dec 3 and 4, 2013.
The event has a highly specialized character. Therefore only a few pre-selected organizations, considered leaders in the area of Trade Information Portals, around the globe will join. Participants will share their experiences and discuss with fellow TSIs what the future will bring in the area of such portals. Participants represent countries such as Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Ireland, Mauritius, France, Uruguay, Austria and more.
Predicting Portal Practices
Typical questions that will be addressed during the event include:
- What are we headed for in the area of successful Trade Intelligence Portals?
- Which are future success factors?
- What are the good practices?
- How to defining a clear portal strategy ?
- Which will be effective content, formats and functionalities in the future?
- What are key trends for social media integration and online marketing of Intelligence Portals?
- Which good practices exist in the area of affiliation and syndication ?
- What are expectations for interface and interaction design, incl mobile applications?
- What to monitor and evaluate?
- Which innovative ideas exist for sustainability?
All ideas and best practices serve as input for the online guide for Next Generation Trade Intelligence Portal.
For sure, a multimedia team will be covering the event through video and image coverage. Furthermore keep monitoring our social media channels for regular updates. Keep an eye on #TIPEVENT13.
Launch of the online guide by March 2014
The project will be finalized by March next year. In the run up to that month, we aim to further consult around 20 additional TSIs around the globe. For instance, we plan interviews with leading organizations in Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Singapore, etc.
Should you wish to contribute to the guide through sharing your own best practices or experiences, please let us know.