Export Development and Promotion System Ecuador
‘Triple Diversification’: increase of Ecuadorian exports between 2013 and 2016
In July 2012, the Ecuadorian Ministry of External Relations, Foreign Trade and Integration, ProEcuador and CBI signed a joint Memorandum of Understanding. In this MoU, it was agreed that CBI would support ProEcuador in the implementation of a national Export Development & Promotion Project, to be implemented between 2012 and 2016.
The objective of this project is to contribute to the increase of Ecuadorian exports through the so-called ‘triple diversification’. Meaning the diversification of
- exportable products and services
- destination markets and
- number of exporters
Globally Cool selected to lead consortium
In October 2013, as a result of a European tender procedure, CBI selected Globally Cool to lead a team of eight international experts in building capacity within ProEcuador. The team offers a wide variety of skills and experience, and consists of four Globally Cool team members (Joost, Onno, Alfons, Frank), as well as Pilar Lozano (Colombia), Hans Verhulst (CBI external expert) and Liggia Estrella and Ricardo Estrada (Corpei , Ecuador).
2014 activities Ecuador
Until October 2014, the Globally Cool consortium will work in the following areas:
- Prepare a proposal for strengthening the export development and promotion system
- Strengthen the service portfolio of ProEcuador, including tools and a coherent methodology
- Implement capacity building activities for ProEcuador staff
- Design an institutional knowledge management system at ProEcuador
- Design a platform of International Market Intelligence
- Support ProEcuador in the development of three national sector export plans (coffee, cacao, shrimp)
We will work in Ecuador on a very intense basis, to provide hands-on coaching to ProEcuador through field missions and distant guidance.